The Aquabats! Super Show!
mugs I gave as xmas presents…it was just sharpie so they probably flaked off (ugh)
now I have fancy porcelain markers tho so NEXT TIME they’ll be cooler
I still have mine! It hasn’t flaked off yet. :3
I still have mine, it’s totally flaked a bit. :(
Guess who got a new stylus (FINALLY!)?? Commissions continue!
I woke up this morning with nothing but The Thing On The Bass Amp playing over and over again in my head, so have a quick MCBC practise-doodle.
I had The Aquabats stuck in my head so….
i’ll never get tired of drawing pablo
It’s 2014, the year of the Mayan Apocalypse!
No, wait that was a couple of years ago…
2014… Something very important is happening! …or not.
Well either way, it’s a new year and already a month is nearly over! COME ON! JEEZ!
Last year, 2013 we’ve had a full second season of The Aquabats! Super Show! So this year the 1st anniversary of having the second season!! WOOOO HOO!!
OK… This is confusing…
This year we’ve got lots of plans, oh man lots and lots of plans, you don’t even know!
IT’S GOING TO BE SICK, SICK, SICK WITH A BICYCLE KICK!!!
Ahem… Regardless, yes, so many plans, and we’re sure you’ll want to be there for them,
…so stick around,
cause …2014 is gonna be… gasp! …it’s the 20th Anniversary of The Aquabats!FINALLY!!IT’S FINALLY HERE! AND IT ONLY TOOK 20 YEARS!!SO LET’S CELEBRATE! STAY TUNED FOR NEW MERCH, NEW TOUR DATES, AND NEW INFO ON THE UPCOMING 20 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CADET SUMMIT!!SO STAY TUNED!!-The Aquabats
Another classic Huntridge flyer! I’d love to get Attaboy Skip in as part of the Vegas Archive series.
oh my god
I can honestly say this is a combination I never thought of and I love both these things.
Over the last couple of weeks, I surveyed around 40 dedicated members of The Aquabats fan community on Tumblr, Reddit and Facebook about their favorite songs and albums to see how much popular opinion of the band’s music has changed since the fanbase greatly expanded with ‘Super Show!’.
Below are the results of that survey, calculating the general fan consensus of favorite songs and albums in both the 2013/2014 poll and a 2011 poll which was held shortly after the release of ‘Hi-Five Soup!’. Be warned! What you see may shock and appall you! Or, at the very least, just make you go “Hmm.”.
The Aquabats! Are celebrating a big milestone in 2014… turning 20! Surely the band has lots of fun stuff planned for the fans… but what do the fans have planned for the band? I’m here to give you one idea that I hope all cadets -both old and new- will participate in!
Introducing “The Aquabats! Awesome Anthology!”
- “What’s an anthology?” You ask? It’s a compilation of work submitted to a single project that is then put into a book! Anthologies can be made up of art, comics, short stories, etc! As a special gift from the fans to The Aquabats, I thought it would be cool to put together our own Aquabats themed anthology to give to the guys at this year’s summit! Here are some details!
- What kind of stuff are you looking for?: A little bit of everything honestly! Cadets can submit fanart, short comics, photos, collages, crafts, cosplays, and personal accounts! Personal accounts are like stories, but differ in the fact that they are not fanfiction. As great as it would be to include fanficion in this anthology, in the interest of saving money due to printing costs I respectfully request that it not be submitted.
You must submit YOUR OWN WORK. If you think an artist should submit their work, please ASK THEM to submit their work directly to us via e-mail. Try to keep your stories PG, there is a team of editors that will be making sure everything is ok, but we are not too worried to be honest! We trust ya.
- What are you picturing exactly? We are looking for submissions for the following three categories:
- Comics and Illustrations! - Please try to include as many bats as possible, as the one book will be made for each one.
- Cadet Stories! - which will include stuff like “What The Aquabats mean to me”, “Friendships and relationships created through the band”, “Stories from shows and summits”, and “Cadet stories”
- Crafts, Costumes, and Photos! - Show off your craft work and custom cadet outfits in here if you feel like!
All categories can feature Aquabats and monsters/villains from the past and/or present. If you feel like drawing the band and the baddies as they were for Myths, Legends, and Other Amazing Adventures of The Aquabats Vol 2, go ahead!
- How much can I submit?: You can submit as many pieces as you want, however only ONE piece will be accepted for the final book. Remember there are a lot of Cadets out there! So make sure your submissions are pieces you are ok with being in the book.
- Where do I submit things?: Send an email to AquabatsAnthology@gmail.com
- What are the aspects?: We plan on the book being 7.75” x9.75” (Portrait), so make your illustrations at least 7”x9”, if you go bigger please allow .25” on either side in case of binding. You can submit either black and white or full color images.
- How much will the book cost to print?: At the moment to make five hardcover books (one for each Bat) the total is $203.95 USD before shipping.
There are several ways that we are considering collecting funds for this project, and I hope that you will help us out!:
- Submission Charge (at most $5 USD)
- OR Cadet Pledges
- Keep in mind that prices are subject to change depending on the amount of submissions we get.
- Will I be able to purchase a copy of the book once it’s done?: At the moment, no. We may provide a PDF version if we get permission from all of the contributors, however!
- When is this due?: My hope is to have everything submitted by March 1st the book will hopefully be all done and printed by mid-to-late March! Wondercon is in April, and if stuff goes down there then that’s probably when we will give it to them! If summit doesn’t happen in April, though, we will extend the due date to June and try to get it done for San Diego Comic Con in July!
Stay tuned Cadets! More posts will be made to answer any questions and provide additional information.
If you guys could help spread this message to cadets you know OFF of tumblr as well that’d be rad!
I’m just watching, JUST WATCHING, Shark Fighter and I’m so happy there was a Ray Harryhausen reference.
Specifically it’s the skeletons from Jason and the Agronauts. But this scene is one of those CRAZY moments, where they had to choreograph the fight just right so Harryhausen could do the stop motion and create the believability that they skeletons and men were fighting. Harryhausen is pretty famous in the visual effects industry as the man who game movie mosnters a personality. Why stop motion wasn’t his invention, he did bring it to the lime light. And ended creating new techniques to help make stop motion a smooth process. Hahaha.
I’m just so psyched.
For those brief 10 seconds where they were like, fighting these skeletons they were totally these ones and I refuse to believe it was an Agronauts reference rather than a Harryhausen one.